Acenda leadership, from left to right: Greg Speed, Chief Integration Officer; Melissa Fox, COO; Kathy Wingate, CFO; Mari Considine, Chief Development & Marketing Officer; John Zukauskas, Executive Consultant; and Dr. Anthony DiFabio, President and CEO (Photo provided)
On July 11, 2019, agency officials from Robins’ Nest Inc., Cape Counseling Services and NewPoint Behavioral Health announced the completion of the merger of their health organizations to form Acenda Integrated Health, a new entity designed to redefine community-based services. Additionally, FamCare, Inc. will join as an affiliate organization and will share in its infrastructure and services.
Acenda operates 56 locations throughout a 10-county region in New Jersey, employs nearly 1,000 staff and serves over 27,000 clients annually through a holistic, integrated care model.
As one organization, Acenda Integrated Health will:
- Provide individual and family-focused services, comprehensive mental, behavioral and advanced treatments;
- Advance the quality of care it provides;
- Provide clients with a wider breadth of services;
- Focus on a mission-driven approach to better families and communities; and
- Provide clients with seamless access to comprehensive family planning and reproductive healthcare services through its affiliate partnership with FamCare.
Robins’ Nest President & CEO, Dr. Anthony DiFabio becomes Acenda Integrated Health’s President & CEO, with former Cape Counseling Services CEO Greg Speed and former NewPoint Behavioral Health Care CEO John Zukauskas serving as Chief Integration Officer and Executive Consultant, respectively. Kathie Nixon will remain Executive Director & CEO of FamCare.
Each organization that formed Acenda has pioneered critical residential, therapeutic, community-based and mental health care models for children, teens, adults and families throughout the state.
“Acenda Integrated Health is a new way to express who we are and to symbolize our vibrant vision for the future,” said Dr. Anthony DiFabio, Acenda Integrated Health’s President & CEO. “By bringing together our highly accomplished teams, innovative services and our steadfast commitment to helping others, we as an organization are moving upward to move lives forward. We’re all continuing to do what we do best – but are stronger together with our expanding scope of collective services and geographical reach.”
Acenda provides a wide range of services, including integrated health, addiction and recovery services, prevention services, children and family services, crisis services, and adolescent services.
Acenda offers over 100 health and social service programs focused on transforming the lives of:
- Children (work to prevent cycle of child abuse and build bright future for at risk-children and families, including school-based services);
- Families (parenting skills, and community resources to strengthen family unit);
- New & expectant parents (promote positive parenting, child well-being);
- teens & young adults (life skills, employment readiness, mentoring);
- adults (outpatient counseling, partial care, and intervention services);
- veterans (support for successful transition to returning veterans and their families);
- older adults & caregivers (in-home support to reduce risk of depression and poor health).
“By working together, we’re in an enviable position to better serve members of our communities,” said Dr. DiFabio.
Acenda has locations throughout the following 10-counties: Atlantic, Burlington, Camden,
Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean and Salem.
For more information, visit acendahealth.org.