The Camden County Freeholder Board is proud to present the 2019 Summer Concert Series.
This year’s lineup of free outdoor concerts includes two-time Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and legendary singer-songwriter David Crosby on June 1 at Cooper River Park in Pennsauken.
The show kicks off an amazing summer concert series celebrating the 175th anniversary of the founding of Camden County.
“We are thrilled to announce that David Crosby is returning to Camden County, and we couldn’t think of better venue to host him than Cooper River Park,” said Freeholder Deputy Director Ed McDonnell, liaison to the Camden County Department of Events and Community Outreach. “Each year the Freeholder Board works with our friends at BRE Presents to provide you with great entertainment. This year, we are planning an amazing line up entertainment to mark Camden County’s 175th year.”
Celebrate Independence Day this year at the Camden County Freedom Festival at Wiggins Waterfront Park featuring a concert by Grammy Award winning artist Boz Scaggs with special guests UCC Royal Brass Band beginning at 8 p.m. before the fireworks spectacular over the Delaware River at 9:30 p.m.
“All of this entertainment and more can be found in the 2019 Camden County Events Guide that will begin arriving in mailboxes in May,” McDonnell said. “In the guide, you will find all the information your family needs to plan a great summer with entertainment that’s hard to beat. In addition to concerts, there are festivals, sporting events, programs for individuals with disabilities and much more.”
This year’s concerts include:
Sunset Jazz Series at Wiggins Waterfront Park – at the foot of MLK Boulevard, Camden City
All concerts start at 8 p.m.
- June 10 – Jonathan Butler & Kirk Whalum
- June 24 – Jeff Bradshaw & Friends
- July 8 – Veronica Swift
- July 22 – Stephen Marley
- August 5 – Stefon Harris & Blackout
- August 19 – Randy Brecker & The Brecker Brothers Band Reunion
Cooper River Twilight Concert Series – North Park Drive, Pennsauken
All concerts start at 8 p.m.
- June 1 – David Crosby & The Sky Trails Band
- June 13 – Quaker City String Band
- June 27 – Amazing Grace & the GLB Band (the best of R&B & Soul)
- July 18 – Mike Boone Jazz Quintet
- August 1 – William Ryan Key with special guests June Divided
- August 15 – NJ state Opera “Opera Under the Stars”
Sundown Music Series at Haddon Lake Park – 13th Avenue, Park Drive and Prospect Boulevard, Haddon Heights
All concerts start at 7:30 p.m.
- June 5 – Darlingside with special guest Matt Duke
- June 19 – Firefall with special guest Christine Havrilla
- July 10 – Upstate with special guest G.F. Patrick
- July 24 – JD McPherson with special guest Adrien Reju
- August 7 – Natalie Prass with special guest Ali Awan
- August 21 – Anthony Green with special guest Jetty Bones
South County Music Series – Winslow Township – New Brooklyn Park, Erial-New Brooklyn Road, Sicklerville
All concerts begin at 7 p.m.
- June 18 – Dennis DiBlasio Quintet
- July 23 – Sensational Soul Cruisers
- August 24 – Frank Bey Rhythm & Blues
Lindenwold Park – 1000 United States Avenue, Lindenwold
All concerts begin at 8 p.m.
- June 21 – Grayscale with special guests Dryjacket
- August 2 – City Rhythm “Sounds of Philadelphia”
- August 30 – Satisfaction -Tribute to The Rolling Stones